Sunday, May 20, 2012

Entry 1

I really enjoyed the short we watched in class. Some of it reminded me of Mothlight (I don't know which one was made first), so I imagine the same technique may have been used. I liked the music that accompanied the images. I think they both complemented each other nicely. Jazz is a tasteful blend of style and improvisation, and the images reflected that in their hectic speed, chaotic motions, and vivid mesh of colors. A part that stuck out to me was when I thought I saw a bird, or at least a silhouette of one. That looked like the only recognizable image in the film. I am curious as to why the director chose to include that recognizable image amidst a jumble of unrecognizable images, but I still think it worked. I liked how the lines seemed to play off each other. It seemed like they were dancing to the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment