Monday, June 18, 2012

Rate all 6 projects

6.) Multi-plane/Pixilation: I had fun learning and watching examples of these film techniques in class; however, actually making these types of films proved very exhausting. It was still a fun experience but it quickly became a tedious exercise to barely move an object from its previous position. Each set up would require multiple checks as well to assure that continuity was persistent, and yet mistakes still occurred. It was, however, a thrill to see the finished version projected and actually moving.
5.) Anaglyph Filmmaking: I loved the way the last shot of our 3D project turned out. It really complemented the 3D effect well. I wish we could have filmed a few more shots though to spice it up a little more. The editing process was also pretty difficult. But as a learning experience I thought it was pretty fun. I have tried to make 3D movies in the past but lacked the correct knowledge of how to do so. I am glad, therefore, that I was able to learn how to make 3D movies. I also enjoyed making the 3D glasses.
4.) Cameraless Filmmaking: I had fun working on a film that required no camera. It was challenging to think of creative ways to express an idea without actually filming anything, but it was also rewarding to see the final project projected. this project required me to think outside the box. I like, also, how it emphasized the aesthetic importance of colors in films. I was able to see, learn, and experience the effect that colors have on a film. I also like incorporating the rayograms. It was cool to learn how to make those.
3.) Viral Video: At first I wasn't too excited about the viral video project because I had no idea of what I wanted to do on such short notice. While the assignment was made clear to us at the beginning of the summer semester, other projects quickly began to fill my schedule forcing me to put off thinking about the viral video project until a week before it was due. However, once I actually posted the video on YouTube and started receiving views the whole project suddenly became very exciting. I think this same assignment in a regular semester would make it even more fun.
2.) Long Take: I thought the long take was very fun to make. I had a fun group with a good idea. I like the day that we actually made that entire project because it was very well organized and ran very smoothly. We started the day with an idea and finished with a digital copy of our film. I also enjoyed shooting on actual film. Learning how to invert and edit a film shot at 12fps was intriguing. The only problems we encountered during this project was that our film somehow got messed up inside the camera while we were filming. This meant that part of our project was lost. Despite this misfortunate event, I still had fun making this project.
1.) Rhythmic Edit: This assignment had its tedious components such as creating the 5,15,5,10,5 sequences and arranging them inside FCP. The instruction were also a little difficult for me to understand at first. However, in the end I think this project was my favorite. This was the first time I had ever shot on film, and even held an actual film camera. I liked trying to think of and incorporate interesting angles and ideas based on what my partner was doing. I also enjoyed changing the film from its original inverted and blue-hued form to what I actually wanted it to look like. I thought it was fun to try and create rhythms and patterns inside the film.

I am glad I learned each of these new filmic techniques and am eager to discover ways to utilize them in my future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment